- What do I need to know before I contact Technical Support to choose a meter?
For analog meters – electrical input, dial data, size, shape, quantity, and any additional features required
For digital meters – input, size, how many digits, power supply, special scaling required, quantity, and any additional features required.
- What is a current transformer?
A current transformer is commonly used when AC current levels to be monitored exceed 75 amperes. It produces a 5 amp output for each primary range. The transformer provides additional isolation from the conductor.
- If I am measuring over 15 feet between a transformer and display unit, what do I do?
You can use a 186 current transformer that converts a current signal to a 0-10ACV signal. This signal can be easily transmitted to a remote location with little voltage drop.
- How do I wire up an analog panel meter?
If the meter is monitoring current, you wire it up in series. If it’s monitoring voltage, you wire it up in parallel.
- How do I order digital panel meters?
Digital panel meters are custom ordered to fit your application. Please contact the factory if you need assistance.
- On digital panel meters, what does 3.5 and 4.5 digits mean?
Digits are a measure of the display span of a panel meter.
3.5 digit is 199.9
4.5 digit is 1999.9